The George on Collins
The George on Collins is Melbourne’s latest and most sophisticated new restaurant and bar.
The fit out sets a new benchmark for quality finish and design excellence.
The transformation from the Long Room to The George on Collins, has been a complete refurbishment of the basement of the Georges building to create an elegant, modern, light filled space which is approachable and welcoming.
The design emphasise was to pare back and expose the original heritage features of the Georges building while incorporating luxury features such as leather upholstery, textural linen and leather curtains, imposing central granite bar, sculptural pieces, customised furniture, textural walls and feature ceilings.
The space has been cleverly zoned into front rooms with feature sculptural pieces, a central long bar, dining and VIP areas.
The overall look is striking. Creating one of Melbourne’s most sophisticated yet welcoming spaces to meet friends and relax.
- Sculptutal pieces throughout to create interest at every point
- Pare back and expose the historical features of the original Georges building
- Incorporates textural elements from brick walls, linen and leather curtains and granite bar and floors
- Light and approachable space
- Detailed Joinery with brass inserts
Georges Building 162-168 Collins Street Melbourne Vic 3000
Show in Google Maps